Page last updated on: Sunday, 28 February, 2016.

Fleetside School : on the site of the current school car park. Headmaster's house is on the right (smaller windows).

 


The new Gatehouse School (opened c.1927) : now the Community Centre.


The Refectory : building now demolished, but was on the site of what is now the Schoolhouse, at right angles to Dromore Road


School bus : operated by Campbell's.


The man in the dark uniform is David Thomson, janitor


"Lining Up" in the girl's playground (outside what is now the Community Centre meeting room).

In the Technical Room, old Fleetside School.


Cooking in the Domestic Science Room  old Fleetside School.


In the Maths & Science Room : now the snooker room.


Inside the Refectory.


Infants c.1954 : Margaret Hunter, 2nd row back, right of centre (blonde curly hair)

1956 Gatehouse School Sports Day : Outside the pre-fabricated classrooms.

1958 School Picnic at Sandgreen.


Miss Kelly with the school band.

Staff outside the Domestic Science Room.


Gatehouse School Teachers 1958 
Back row : Miss McGaw (primary), Mr Aitken (PE), Mr Murray (maths & science), Mr Sinclair (art & woodwork), Miss Smith.
Front row : Mrs Park (primary), Mrs Gibb (domestic Science), Mrs McGaw (infants & music), Mr Russell (headmaster & English), Miss Kelly (French, geography & music), Miss Scott (primary), Miss Clark (English & history).