Page last updated on: Thursday, 5 January, 2017.

1. "Fie" Hughan,  2. Jim Hughan,  3. "Lexie" Hughan,  4.  Tom Slater,  5. "Tot" Hughan,  6. Jack Wallace,  7. Mary Agnes Mitchell, 8. "Dolly" Hughan,  9. R A Mitchell,  10. "Teenie" Wallace,  11. Rev. John Stewart,  12. George F Marrison,  13. Cecil Slack,  14. Wilfred Marrison,  15. Katie Hughan,  16. Alice Hughan, 17. Hilda Marrison,  18. Jack Wallace jnr,  19. Norval M Hughan,  20. Margaret Hughan,  21. Miss Hume.

   William McMurray photo 1.1.16


 


 

 

   William McMurray photo 2-48


1. Jay Crosbie (sister),   2. ?,  3. ?,  4. Jessie Crosbie (mother),  5. Rev.John Stewart,  6. Jennie Crosbie,  7. Christopher Crosbie,  8. William Crosbie,  9. George Crosbie,  10. Hannah Crosbie,  11. Joyce Crosbie,  12. Emma Crosbie,  13. John (Jack) Crosbie.  


1. Mary Crosbie,  2. Evelyn Tait ,  3. Jack Tait ,  4. Annie Tait ,  5. Dorothy McAdam,  6. Robert Tait,  7. William Crosbie,  8. Tom Tait,  9. Nick Crosbie,  10. Elizabeth Tait,  11. James (Bosey) Sinclair,   12. Maggie Jane (Peg) Sinclair.

Living relatives with good memories are great to have access to !
Thanks to Audrey Crosbie for the above names.

 

1. Margaret Cairns,  2. Jack Patterson,  3. Kathleen W Cairns,  4. Duncan Grant,  5. Edgar Patterson

 

1950 David Campbell & Nan Chisholm1.jpg

The bridal party leaving Kirkmahoe Church after the wedding of Miss Nan Chisholm, Thirwell House, Locharbriggs, and corporal David Campbell, Cuill Cottage, Rusko, Gatehouse. Miss Evelyn Roy and Miss Ena Chisholm were bridesmaids, and Miss Margaret Inglis was trainbearer. Corporal W Willis was best man.

Mr Francis Baillie, Market Hill, Gatehouse was married at St Michael's RC Church, West Bromwich, to Miss Helen Plant, Peel Street, West Bromwich. Mr Leo McClymont, Gatehouse, was best man and the bride was attended by Miss Betty Baillie, sister of the bridegroom, and Miss Dorothy Williams, a friend. The two little trainbearers were Susan Taylor and Lynn Stoke, nieces of the bride.

   1950 Francis Baillie & Helen Plant, best man Leo McClymont1.jpg

1950 Gavin Gilmour & Catherine Carruthers1.jpg

The bridal party at the wedding in Anwoth Parish Church of Mr Gavin Gilmour, Boatgreen, Gatehouse, and Miss Catherine Carruthers, Cardoness. The bride  was attended by her cousin Miss Rena Paterson and Miss Jean Gilmour, sister of the groom. Mr James Gilmour, the groom's brother, was best man and the Rev. J Turnbull, MA, officiated.

Her two sisters, Nessie & Janet, attended Miss Elizabeth Turnbull Hamilton, Newton Farm, Gatehouse when she was married to Mr Hugh McGowan Blain, Creetown. The service, which was held at Newton Farm, was conducted by the Rev. John Turnbull, the best man being Mr Peter Harvey.

   1950 Hugh Blain & Elizabeth Hamilton1.jpg

1950 McGivern & Geddes1.jpg

Mr L A McGivern, Kingholm Quay, Dumfries and his bride
Miss Jane Geddes, of Memory Lane, Gatehouse of Fleet, Kirkcudbrightshire, after their wedding in Dumfries.

 

1950 McInally & Couper1.jpg

Mr James McInally, Riverbank, Gatehouse, and Miss Margaret J S Couper, Anwoth Hotel, Gatehouse, were married in Anwoth Church. Rev. John Turnbull officiated, with Mrs Turnbull at the organ, and the best man was Mr Colin Bennett, with Mrs Jack Couper, sister-in-law of the bride as matron of honour.

1950 McNeallie & Campbell2.jpg

Mr William Ireland McNeillie, Kirkcudbright, and Miss Jessie Campbell, 'Fleetvale', Gatehouse were married at Anwoth Church. Rev. John Turnbull conducted the services, with Mrs Turnbull at the organ, and the bride was given away by her father Mr William Campbell. Miss Margaret Campbell, sister of the bride was bridesmaid, and the best man was Mr George McNeillie, brother of the groom.

1950 Straiton & Kirkpatrick1,.jpg

Mr Murray Straiton, Gatehouse, and Miss Anne Kirkpatrick, Dumfries, leaving Maxwellton West Church, Dumfries, after their wedding.

 
 
 
 

 

1951 Cochrane  Johnstone1.jpg

Mr David Cochrane, 20 Catherine Street, Gatehouse, and his bride, Miss Sheila Johnstone, of Dundee, after their wedding in the Gilfillan Memorial Church, Dundee. The bridegroom is studying for his C.A. degree at Dundee.

The bridal party at the wedding in Anwoth Church of Mr James Kay Ross, Knowe Farm, Newton-Stewart, and Miss Elizabeth McLaughlan Ferguson, King's Laggan, Gatehouse. Mr Fergus Johnstone and Miss Janet Ferguson (sister of the bride) were best man and bridesmaid and the service was conducted by Rev. John Turnbull with Mrs Turnbull at the organ. The reception was held at the Anwoth Hotel.

1951 Kay & McLachlan1.jpg

1951 Married Ferguson & Corson1.jpg

Mr Donald James Fergusson, Glenavon, Gatehouse, and Miss Jessie Edgar Corson, Barmagachan, Borgue, were married in Borgue Parish Church. A sister and a friend, Miss Grace Corson and Miss Janet Dalling, Twynholm, attended the bride. The best man was Mr Alex Hope, Gatehouse. The service was conducted by Rev. W Moore with Miss Payne at the organ.

1951 Married McInally & Shaw1.jpg

1951 Married Patterson & Cairns1.jpg

Mr Jack Patterson, Catherine Street, and Miss Kathleen Wilson Cairns, Mile End, both of Gatehouse after their wedding in Girthon Church. The bride was attended by her sister Miss Margaret Cairns, with Master Duncan Grant, nephew of the groom being the trainbearer. Best man was Mr Edgar Patterson, brother of the groom.

Mr John McInally and Miss Irene Shaw, both of Gatehouse, cut their wedding cake, after being married in Girthon Church. The service was conducted by Rev. J B F Montgomery with Mrs Turnbull at the organ.The best man and bridesmaid were Mr James Thomson, Riverbank, Gatehouse (cousin) and Miss Jean Laidlaw, Hightae, Lockerbie (cousin).

 

 

1952 Homes & Hutton1.jpg

Mr Hamish Holmes, Riverbank, Gatehouse, and his bride, Miss Mary Agnes Hutton, Union Street, Kirkcudbright, cut the cake in the Paul Jones restaurant after their wedding. Rev. J E Motherwell officiated and the best man and bridesmaid were a brother and sister of the bridegroom, Mr R Holmes and Miss E Holmes.

1952 White & McMillan1.jpg

Miss Ruby White, 'Garnie Myre', Rainton Farm, Gatehouse, was married at Girthon Parish Church to Mr Alex McMillan, Riverbank, Gatehouse. Mr John McMillan, brother, was best man, and the bridesmaid was MIss Betty McLellan, with Miss Jean Walker, niece, as train-bearer.

 

1952 Nelson & Gordon1.jpg

Two sisters attended Miss Margaret Gordon, 34 Riverbank, Gatehouse, when she was married in Anwoth Church to Mr James Nelson, Stewart Terrace, Twynholm. Rev. John Turnbull officiated, with Mrs Turnbull at the organ, and the best man was Mr James Hogg. The brides attendants were Miss Ethel Gordon and Mrs McKill. 

1952 Stark & Dudgeon1.jpg

Anwoth Parish Church was the scene for the wedding of Miss Patricia Vivian Stark, Bridge House, Gatehouse, and Mr David Murray Dudgeon, M.A.  B.Ed. of Haddington. Rev. John Turnbull officiated with Mr W Main at the organ. The best man and bridesmaid were Mr George Fortune and Miss Patricia Hamilton.

1952 Tait & Veitch1.jpg

The bridal party at the wedding in the Anwoth Hotel, Gatehouse of Mr Robert Veitch, Girthon Kirk, and Miss Annie Clark Tait, Millmark. Rev. John Turnbull officiated and the best man was Mr John Veitch, brother of the 'groom, with Misses Janet Telfer and Joan Tait, cousins of the bride, as bridesmaids.

 

 

1953 Blain & Hamilton1.jpg

Mr Peter R Blain, Philgown Farm, Mochrum, Wigtownshire, and his bride, Miss Agnes J B Hamilton, Newton Farm, Gatehouse, cut the cake after their wedding  in Anwoth Parish Church. Rev. J Turnbull officiated, with Mrs Turnbull at the organ, and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr William Blain and Miss Janet Hamilton, brother and sister of the 'groom and bride respectively. The soloist during the signing of the register was Miss Catherine Veitch.

1953 R Holmes & J Kirk1 .jpg

Mr Robert Irvine Holmes, 20 Riverbank, Gatehouse, and his bride, Miss Jeanie Kirk, 11 Fleet Street, Gatehouse, after their wedding in Girthon Church. Rev. J B Montgomery officiated, with Mrs McClusky at the organ, and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr Hamish Holmes, brother of the 'groom, and Miss Nessie Carson, niece of the bride.

printed : Saturday October 10th 1953
 

1953 Charlesworth  & Cain1.jpg

The bridal party at the wedding in Girthon Church of Mr William Joseph Charlesworth, Tottenham, London and Miss Ivy Winifred Cain, 33 Riverbank, Gatehouse. Rev. John Turnbull officiated with Mrs [Mc]Gaw at the organ, and the best man was Mr George Charlesworth (brother of the 'groom) with Misses Margaret and Ruth Cain, sisters of the bride, being bridesmaid and tranbearer respectively.

1953 Johnstone & Main1.jpg

The wedding took place in Girthon Parish Church, Gatehouse,  of Mr Frederick Johnstone, Aberdeen and Miss Margaret Yvonne Main, Bank of Scotland House, Gatehouse. Rev. John Turnbull officiated, with Mrs T H McGaw at the organ, and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr Tony Burrow and Miss Denis Main, a sister

Mr Roy Nisbet, Angel Hotel, Gatehouse, and his bride Miss Betty Copeland, East Logan, Castle-Douglas, after their wedding at Anwoth Church. Rev. John Turnbull officiated and the bride was attended by her cousin Miss Margaret Copeland, the best man being Mr Donald Clark, Broxburn.

1953 Nisbet & Copland1.jpg

1953 Scott & Campbell1.jpg

Mr John Fisher Scott, Commercial Hotel, Castle-Douglas and Miss Isabella Campbell, 16 Digby Street, Gatehouse, were married in Anwoth Church, Gatehouse. Rev. John Turnbull officiated with Mrs Turnbull at the organ, and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr John Monteith and Miss Agnes Dickson.

 

1953 Taylor & Wallace1.jpg

Mr Robert Taylor, Disdow Farm, Gatehouse, and his bride, Miss Mary Elizabeth Andrew Wallace (Betty) Sundrum, Smithy Farm, by Ayr, after their wedding in Coylton Parish Church. The best man was David Taylor, brother of the 'groom with Miss Claire Cunningham as bridesmaid.

Mr John J Veitch, Girthon Kirk, Gatehouse, and his bride Miss Sadie McMurray, Bengray, Gatehouse, leaving St Mary's Episcopal Church after their wedding. Rev. A W S Holmes of All Saints, Churchill, Oxon, officiated - he was brother-in-law of the bride. He was assisted by Rev. J B F Montgomery. Mr David Veitch, brother of the 'groom, was best man. Miss Edith McMurray, sister of the bride was bridesmaid and Mrs McCluskie was at the organ.
 

 

1954 Gillespie & Keen1.jpg

Mr Burns McMyn Gillespie, 138 High Street, Kirkcudbright, and his bride, Miss Margaret Smith Kean, 8 Digby Street, Gatehouse, after their wedding in Girthon Parish Church, Gatehouse. Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated and the best man was Mr George Dargavel, with Miss Betty McCulloch, cousin of the bride, as bridesmaid, and Mr John Kean as page.

1955 Ferguson & McDonald1.jpg

Mr James Fergusson, King's Laggan, Gatehouse, and his bride, Miss Marie McDonald, Glen Road, Palnackie, cut the cake after their wedding in Buittle Church, by the Rev. Campbell Gillon. The bride was given away by her grandfather Mr James McDonald and was attended by her sister Miss Flora McDonald. The best man was a brother of the 'groom, Mr Robert Fergusson.

1955 McCulloch & Dalrymple1.jpg

Miss Helen McCulloch, infant mistress at Borgue School was married, in Borgue Parish Church, to Mr William Dalrymple of Gatehouse. Rev. W Moore officiated and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr T Dalrymple (brother) and Miss Minnie Wilson.
 

1955 McKnight & Hamilton1.jpg
The wedding took place in the Murray Arms Hotel, Gatehouse, of Mr Adam McKnight, Culchronchie, Creetown and Miss Janet Hamilton, Newton Farm, Gatehouse. Rev. John Turnbull officiated and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr Alexander McKnight (brother of the 'groom) and Miss Betty Carson, cousin of the bride.

 

Mr Cameron Patterson, Laggan Mullan, Gatehouse, and his bride Miss Margaret Wright McDonald Hunter, Earlston Lodge, Borgue, after their wedding by the Rev. R Ferrie, in Borgue Public Hall. A brother and a sister of the 'groom were best man and bridesmaid.

1955 Patterson & McDonald1.jpg

 

1956 Campbell & McIntyre1.jpg
Miss Helen McIntyre, Barharrow, Gatehouse leaves Girthon Church after her wedding to Mr Robert James Campbell, Digby Street. The service was conducted by the Rev. J B Montgomery with Mrs Cluskie at the organ, and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr Allan Campbell, brother of the 'groom, and Miss Margaret Campbell, cousin of the 'groom, with little Annette McIntyre, niece of the bride, as trainbearer.

 

Mr William Nichol, Gatehouse, and Miss Caroline Cantlie, Minnigaff, were married in Kirroughtree House Hotel, Newton Stewart, and are seen in the photograph with the best man and bridesmaid, Mr Ewan Patterson, Gatehouse and Miss Elizabeth Cantlie, Minnigaff (sister of the bride).

1956 Nichol & Cantlie1.jpg

1956 Quinney & Cain1.jpg

The wedding took place in Girthon Parish Church of Mr Andrew Quinney, an RAF gunner-instructor from Edinburgh, and Miss Margaret Cain, Riverbank, Glasgow,  The Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated, with Mrs McClusky at the organ. The best man and bridesmaids were MrWilliam Quinney, brother of the 'groom, and Misses Beryl Scott and Ruth Cain, cousin and sister of the bride respectively.

Members of Gatehouse School Choir led the praise at the wedding in Girthon Church of Miss Catherine McCulloch Cowan, local schoolteacher to Mr Herbert Renwick, Castlehill, Moniaive. The service was conducted by the Rev. J B F Montgomery. 

1956 Renwick & Cowan1.jpg

1957 Campbell & Cameron1.jpg

Mr John R Campbell, Criagnell, New Galloway, and his bride, Miss Shirley M Cameron, Riverbank, Gatehouse, after their wedding at St. Mary's RC Church, Gatehouse. Father H Donnolly officiated, with Mr John Trainer at the organ, and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr Thomas Campbell (brother) and Miss Margaret Cameron (cousin of the bride).

 

1957 Carson & Taylor1.jpg

The wedding took place in Girthon Parish Church of Mr Robert Carson, Conchieton Farm, Twynholm, and Miss Janet Shaw Taylor, Disdow Farm, Gatehouse. Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated, assisted by the Rev. John Good, Twynholm, and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr John Carson, brother of the 'groom, and Miss Janet Wilson. Miss McCluskie was the organist.

Mr Douglas C E Chadwick of Reading, and his bride, Miss Grace R Broadfoot of Gatehouse, after their wedding in Anwoth Parish Church by the Rev. John Turnbull. A niece of the bride, Miss Muriel Broadfoot was bridesmaid, and the best man was Geoffrey Smith,

1957 Chadwick & Broadfoot1.jpg

1957 Hall & Millan1.jpg

The wedding took place at Girthon Parish Church of Mr James Hall, Roadside Cottage, Walkerburn, Peeblesshire, and Miss Sheila McMillan, Laghead, Gatehouse. The Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated wth Mrs McCluskie at the organ. The bridesmaids were Miss Elizabeth McMillan, sister of the bride, and Miss Isobel Knox, cousin of the 'groom. Mr Colin Hall, cousin of the 'groom was best man.

Mr Robert M Johnstone, Holecroft, Gatehouse, and his bride, Miss Catherine Veitch, Girthon Kirk Cottage, after their wedding in the Murray Arms Hotel by the Rev. J B F Montgomery. Mr David Johnstone, brother of the 'groom, was best man, Mrs D P K Howie, sister of the bride, was matron of honour, and the bride was given away by her brother, Mr Jack Veitch.

1957 Johnstone & Veitch1.jpg

1957 Martin & Manson1.jpg

Mr Adam Martin, Springholm, and his bride, Miss Margaret Manson, Cally Mains Cottage, Gatehouse, after their wedding in Girthon Parish Church. The Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated with Mrs McGaw at the organ and the bride was given away by her father and attended by her sister. The best man was the brother of the 'groom.

 

1957 Maxwell & Kirkpatrick + Smith & Kirkpatrick1.jpg

Two Gatehouse sisters Miss Janet and Miss Margaret Kirkpatrick, Enrick Cottage, were the brides at a double wedding at Girthon Parish Church, the bridegrooms being r(espectively) Mr David Maxwell, High Clachan, Castle Douglas, and Mr James Smith, Gaitgil Lodge, Gatehouse. The Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated with Mrs McCluskie at the organ.
The elder sister, Miss Janet, was attended by Miss Jean McWilliam and Miss Betty Kirkpatrick (cousin). Mr Hector Maxwell, brother of the 'groom was best man. Miss Margaret was attended by Miss Betty Geddes (cousin) and Miss Anne Kirkpatrick (sister)and best man was Mr Thomas Kirkpatrick, twin brother of the bride. 

1957 McIntyre & Cameron1 .jpg

A Gatehouse couple, Mr James McIntyre, Barharrow Cottage, and Miss Margaret Cameron, 8 Market Hill, were married in Girthon Parish Church. Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated with Mrs McCluskie at the organ. Best man was Mr Duncan McIntyre, brother of the 'groom. The bride was given away by her uncle, Mr A Hanley. Matron of honour was Mrs W Kennan, bridesmaid was cousin Miss Beth Hanley and flower girl was cousin Miss Eileen Hanley

Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated at the marriage of Mr David Wallace Taylor, Disdow Farm, Gatehouse, and Miss Anne Laurie Crosbie, 69 High Street, Gatehouse. Mrs McCluskie was the organist and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr James Prentice and Miss Audrey Crosbie (sister). 

1957 Taylor & Crosbie1.jpg

 

1958 Hamilton & Proudlock1.jpg

Local Girl Guides formed a guard of honour for Miss Elizabeth Proudlock, Riverbank, Gatehouse when she was married in Anwoth Church to Mr Robert T Hamilton, Newton Farm, Gatehouse. The service was conducted by Mr J Turnbull with Mrs Turnbull at the organ. The bridal party included Mr R G Williamson (cousin) as best man, and Miss Mabel Proudlock (sister) and Miss Netta Ruxton as bridesmaids.

 

Mr Robert McCulloch, 5 Market Hill, and Miss Mary Tinlin, Deer Park, both of Gatehouse, were married by Rev. J Turnbull in the Murray Arms Hotel. The bride was attended by Miss Alice Black and the best man was Mr R Laurie, cousin of the 'groom.

1958 McCulloch & Tinlin1.jpg

1958 Parley & McKie1.jpg

The wedding took place in Girthon Parish Church of Mr Robert W Parley, Tannoch, New Galloway, and Miss Margaret J McKie, Cally Mains, Gatehouse,  Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated with Mrs McCluskie at the organ and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr Mackintosh and Miss Catriona McKinnon.

 

 

Miss Jane Gilmour, Boatgreen, a former Gatehouse gala queen and sister of this year's queen, was married in Girthon Parish Church to Mr Ian R Murray, 'Whinstone', Cotton Street, Castle-Douglas. Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated with Mrs T H McGaw at the organ, and the best man and bridesmaid were Mr T Wallace and Miss Margaret Gilmour, the bride's sister.

1959 Murray & Gilmore1.jpg

1959 Paul & Heron1.jpg

Mr James Erskine Paul, of Balerno, and his bride, Miss Morag Heron, 53 Catherine Street, cut the cake after their wedding at Anwoth Parish Church. The service was conducted by Rev. John Turnbull with Mrs Turnbull at the organ. The best man and bridesmaid were Mr David Syme, brother-in-law of the 'groom and Miss Muirhead.

Seaton & Manson
no text

1959 Seaton & Manson1.jpg

 

1960 Marshall & MacKinnon1.jpg

The wedding took place at Girthon Parish Church of Mr Alexander Marshall, a well-known local footballer, 3 Braeside, New Galloway, and Miss Catriona Currie MacKinnon, eldest daughter of Mr & Mrs Dugald MacKinnon, Kennel House, Gatehouse. Rev. J B F Montgomery, minister of the church and Moderator of the Presbytery of Kirkcudbright, officiated and Mrs E J McCluskie played the organ. Miss Ann McKinnon (sister) was bridesmaid and Mr Charles L Padfield was 'groomsman.

 

The wedding took place in Dunscore parish Church of Mr John Campbell, 16 Digby Street, Gatehouse of Fleet, and Miss Jean Walker, Lochanlea, Dunscore. Best man was Mr William Campbell, brother of the 'groom, and the bridesmaids were Miss Ellen Walker, sister of the bride, and the 'grooms sister, Miss Patricia Campbell.

1961 Campbell & Walker1.jpg

1961 Henderson & Sloan1.jpg

Miss Margaret Gourlay Sloan, Townhead, a former Miss Gatehouse, married Mr Keith Millar Henderson, The Square Port William,  at Girthon Parish Church. The bride was attended by her sisters Mrs Ian Dickson and Miss Catherine Sloan, and the best man was Mr Hugh Dewar. Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated and Mr Duncan Grant played the organ.

1961 Manson & McNally1.jpg

The wedding took place in Anwoth Church, Gatehouse, of Mr William Manson, Killygowan, Gatehouse, and Miss Irene McNally, 60 Riverbank, Gatehouse. Rev. John Turnbull officiated and the bride was attended by Misses Rena Campbell, Fleet and Elizabeth Dougan. The best man was Mr Alan Harkness, Low Barlay, Gatehouse.

Gatehouse burgh surveyor and well known local architect, Mr Antony Curtis Wolffe pictured after his marriage in Anwoth Old Manse to Miss Alix Graham, daughter of Commander James Graham O.B.E. R.N.(retd) Mr Angus Nicoll was the best man and the bridesmaid was the bride's sister Astri, with Mary Sleeman the flower girl. Rev. John Turnbull officiated.

1961 Wolfe & Graham1.jpg

 

1962 Tweedie & McNall1.jpg

The wedding took place in Anwoth Church, Gatehouse, of Mr David Tweedie, Ardwall, Gatehouse, and Miss Muriel McNally, 20 Fleet Street. Rev. John Turnbull officiated with Mr Duncan Grant at the organ. The 'groom's brother Thomas was best man and the bridesmaids were Misses Maureen Cullie and Elma Stewart.

 

1964  Redfern & Cormack.1jpg.jpg

Miss Sandra Elizabeth Cormack, of Anwoth Old Manse, and her husband, Mr Kenneth William Redfern, of London, after their wedding in St Mary's Church, Gatehouse, Rev. C A Simister officiated with Mrs McCluskie at the organ, The bride was given away by her father Mr A S Cormack and was attended by her sister Dorothy. Mr Terence Poole was the best man.

 

1965 Irving & Milligan1.jpg

The wedding took place in Girthon Church of Mr William Irvine, 198 High Street, Dalbeattie, and Miss Maureen M Milligan, 12 Digby Street, Gatehouse. Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated with Mrs Budgett at the organ. The bride was given away by her father and was attended by Miss Nancy Irvine. The 'groom's brother Stewart was best man.

 

1966 Brydson & Porter1.jpg
The wedding took place in Anwoth Church, Gatehouse between Mr James Craig Brydson, Cuilpark, Bridge of Dee, and Miss Ann Jean Porter, Wee Glen, Gatehouse. Rev. John Turnbull officiated with Miss Davies at the organ. The bride was attended by her sister, Mrs Elizabeth Hannah; Miss May Hannah (niece), and Miss Janet Greggan (friend), and Mr William C Brydson, brother of the 'groom, was best man. 

 

 

1966 Service & Hunter1.jpg
Wed in Girthon Parish Church, Gatehouse, were Mr William John Service, Barbey, Twynholm, and Miss Violet Jane Hunter, Drumwall, Gatehouse. Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated with Mrs Budgett at the organ. The bride was attended by her 3 sisters, Misses Gladys, Helen and Irene Hunter, and James Robson was best man.

1966 Stenhouse & Bennett1.jpg

Wed in Girthon Parish Church, Gatehouse, were Mr George Stenhouse, 8 Riverbank, Gatehouse, and Miss Irene Bennett, 56 Riverbank, Gatehouse. Rev. J B F Montgomery officiated. The bride was attended by Mrs Nan Swan, Perth, as matron of honour, whilst Mr W Duncan Stenhouse, MA, brother of the 'groom, was best man.

 

1967 Veitch & Jardine1.jpg

Mr Thomas Houston Veitch, Low Creoch, Gatehouse, and Miss Gracie Caroline Jardine, Riverside, Gatehouse, were married at Anwoth Parish Church. The bride was attended by Miss Kathleen Fergusson, and Mr Gordon Milligan was best man.

 

1968 Pickthall & martin1.jpg

Mr John Neil Pickthall,
4 Castramont Road, Gatehouse, and Miss Elizabeth Margaret Martin, Low Boreland Farm, Kirkcudbright, were married in St. Mary's Church, Kirkcudbright, The bride's twin sister, Mrs Duncan, was matron of honour, Miss Vera Pickthall was bridesmaid, and Miss Anne Martin was flower girl. Mr Gordon Straiton was best man.

 

1969 Wadsworth & McKenzie1.jpg

Left : St. Mary's Church, Gatehouse, was the scene of the wedding of Mr Francis J Wadsworth, The Holm, Wallace Terrace, Ryton, Co.Durham and Miss Jacqueline McKenzie, Castramont Road, Gatehouse. The bride was attended by her sister Miss Sheila McKenzie and three cousins, Brenda, Veronica and Evelyn McKenzie. The 'grooms brother Mr Jeremy Wadsworth was best man.


Above : The wedding took place in Girthon Parish Church, Gatehouse, of Mr Robert R C McMinn, Ingmanthorpe Hall Farm, Wetherby, Yorkshire, and Miss Vera A Pickthall, 4 Castramont Road, Gatehouse. Misses Helen Shaw and Irene Harper were bridesmaids and Miss Elaine Martin, flower girl. Mr Murray Cairnie was  best man.

Mr Edwin Bryan, 21 Riverbank, Gatehouse-of-Fleet and Miss Elizabeth Wemyss, 2 Merse Avenue, Kirkcudbright, were married in St Mary's Church, Kirkcudbright. Miss Mary Smith was bridesmaid and the best man was William Bryan.

Cutting the cake after their wedding are Mr Norman Gray, The Doon, Twynholm, and Miss Elizabeth Cluett, 50 Riverbank, Gatehouse-of-Fleet. The bride was attended by her sister Mrs Jean Horn and the best man was Mr Duncan Gray

Girthon Parish Church was the scene of the wedding of Mr Alexander McHenry, Meikle Sypland, Kirkcudbright, and Miss June Fergusson, 22 Birtwhistle Street, Gatehouse=of-Fleet. The bridesmaid was Miss Maureen Hawthorne and Mr James Carson was best man.

 

 

Miss Jessie Thomson, 22 Riverbank, Gatehouse, was married to Mr A D Horn, of Harrow, Middlesex, at Anwoth Church, Gatehouse. The bridesmaids were Miss G Maitland, Miss N Ransley and I McIntosh. The matron of honour was Mrs I Gilchrist and the best man was Mr Terence Horn.

 


Married in St Mary's Church, Dumfries were Miss Carolanne Paul, 5 Maple Avenue, Lincluden, and Mr William Gordon, Boreland of Anwoth, Gatehouse. The bride's sister, Eileen was matron-of-honour and Miss Yvonne Kerr was bridesmaid. Mr Ian Gordon was best man.

 

Married on October 25 at Borgue Parish Church by Rev. W D Hutcheon were Miss Sheila Anne Rogerson, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs E Rogerson, Tongur Croft, Borgue, and Mr Charles Pickthall, of 18 Birtwhistle Street, Gatehouse-of-Fleet. Bridesmaids were Misses Helen Rogerson, sister of the bride and Margaret Gibson, and the best man was Gordon Fitzpatrick

 

Anwoth Church was the scene of the wedding of Miss Mary McCulloch, Auchenlarie Holiday Farm, Gatehouse-of-Fleet. and
Mr Eric Cowan, Merse Park, Kirkcudbright. The bride was attended by Misses Agnes McCulloch and Sandra Cowan. Flower girl was Miss Mandy Johnstone. Best man was Mr Colin Cowan.

 

Photographed after their wedding at St Mary's Church, Kirkcudbright are Miss Brenda Milligan, 13 Barrhill Terrace, Kirkcudbright, and Mr Ronald McCarlie, Rainton Farm, Gatehouse-of-Fleet, The bride's sister Dawn was bridesmaid and Mr Brian McCreath was best man.

Miss Janice McClymont, 18 Riverbank, Gatehouse, and Mr Brian MacTaggert, 8 Braeside Crescent, Haugh-of-Urr, after their marriage in Castle Douglas. Matron of honour was Mrs Sandra McMinn and the best man was Mr David Mitchell.

 

Both the 'groom and best man chose full Highland dress when Miss Sharon-Rose Stewart, of Bush O'Bield, Anwoth Road, Gatehouse, was married to Mr James White, Double Lodges, Gatehouse, in Anwoth Parish Church on May 26. Miss Anne-Marie Stewart was bridesmaid and the flower girl was Nicola-Francesca Stewart. Mr Roy White was the best man.